10 Ways To Get Out Of A Reading Slump.
I have been reading for as long as I can remember but I will admit that for the longest, I never knew the correct statement for being in a reading slump. I would just think to myself am I over reading or are books not grasping my interest anymore? I have had my days when I don't feel like reading and I want to be able to just sleep the day away but other times where I would be just not into reading for a couple of weeks.
My reading styles have changed over the years and I have come to realize that everyone goes through a reading slump. It is not just me. I have not lost my reading mojo nor have I turned into a person that just didn't enjoy reading anymore. I just need to refresh my mind for reading. I came up with a few tips on how to get out of a reading slump because I am pretty sure you have all been there just like me!
1. Be okay with the fact that you aren't into reading at the moment and don't think something is wrong that you don't feel like reading. Embrace it and you'll see that you just needed a break from reading.
2. Try reading a different genre than your usual "go-to" genre and it might get you to see a different reading style than you are used to.
3. Reread one of your favorite books that has always made you feel good about reading. I love to read poetry books and The Alchemist, it definitely makes me happy to reread them.
4. Read a children's book -- I know it might sound strange but after reading a few children books you start to not feel so pressured on reading the adult novels and it gives you something simple to read just to get your mind back into the mindset of reading.
5. Join a bookclub. Reading with others might actually make you feel good to read and chat about a book and it can get you to stick with at least reading one book a month. A recommendation from someone can give you a new read than your traditional books.
6. Get rid of books off of your bookshelf. Sometimes when we let go of something, we realize that we want to hold it closer and treasure it more. Who knows? It might get you to go through your books more often.
7. Walk around a bookstore or library. It does something to my mind when I get a chance to read books and gather around a new plot.
8. Read an e-book from your kindle and it can give you a different perspective from reading from a physical book.
9. Listen to an audio book while you're driving, so you can listen to a book and still indulge in a juicy plot. A book can get your mind going and you might have needed a new style of reading.
10. Watch a movie that is based on a book, such as A Beautiful Mind, Bridget Jones Diary, Harry Potter, and more. Sometimes when I watch movies that are based on books it makes me want to go out and read the book to compare and see if its better. It could potentially work for you as well (:
I have my days when I am going through a reading slump and I usually follow these tips. Sometimes, you really do need a break and books are something that you can come back to. Books are those friends that are always there, never judge you for needing a break and will always be around when you need them the most. I would love to have tips that you do as well when you are having reading slump mood. Let me know down below in the comment section!
Contact me through email or keep up with me through social media.
Business email: email@example.com
Disclosure: If you would like to show support and donate to my blog you can support me through Paypal or buying me coffee through Ko-fi. Just click the links below, it would be much appreciated (: